Please click on the different sections to expand or collapse the list of compositions, you can click on the individual image thumbnails to view them at a larger size, and after scrolling down the page you can use the arrow at the top right of the screen to jump back to the top of the page.
1. des dès de Diana
- 2, 1+ca, 2 in A, 2
- 2, 2, 0, 0
- Timps, perc, pfte
- Banjo or Ukulele (small part – may also be played by solo viola pizzicato)
Duration 20’ 00”
Colourful pieces inspired by a thimble collection.
Music Clip: 5th Movement ‘Blind Earl
‘I very much enjoyed each of the seven little tone pictures. Each movement portrays a particular thimble from the collection of the composers wife. Two in particular stood out for their strength of feeling: the sombre ‘Blind Earl’, which conveyed the pain and anguish of a recently blinded man feeling his stumbling way around his new world; and ‘Tiger Eye’, wild and savage as the animal it portrayed’ – Anne Slatford ‘Croydon Advertiser’
for Horn and Double String Orchestra:
- 22 violins (at least)
- 10 violas
- 8 cellos
- 6 basses
Duration 4’ 40”
A fragment of Mendelssohn works its way into the texture.
3. To the Third Age
- 2, 1+ca, 2, 2
- 2, 0, 0, 0
Duration 7’ 00”
An arrangement of ‘Salute to the Third Age’.
1. Concerto for Youth Orchestra
- 3 fl (3rd doubling picc), 3 ob (3rd dbl ca), 3 clt (3rd dbl bass clt)
- Soprano Sax, Alto Sax, 3 bsn
- 4 hn, 3 trp in Bflat, 3 trb, tuba
- 4 timps, xyl, glockenspiel, SD, 2 toms, BD, pair of cymbs,
- 5 splash cymbals, ride cymbal, hi-hat, 5 temple blocs,
- 2 triangles, 2 cowbells, guero, vibraslap, slapstick, ratchet
Duration 20’ 00”